Getting Ready for School

School Supplies

School Calendar

School Lunch

Testing Schedule

School Websites

Bickel Elementary

Harrison Elementary

Lincoln Elementary

Magic Valley Alternative High School

Morningside Elementary

Oregon Trail Elementary

Perrine Elementary

Sawtooth Elementary

O'Leary Junior High

Robert Stuart Junior High

Twin Falls High School

The information provided below is a general overview of the policies and procedures required for enrolling your child in the Twin Falls School District.  If you do not find the information you seek, please contact the district office.

Who must attend school in Idaho?

Idaho law requires that all resident children between the ages of 7 and 16 must attend school.  In this district, a resident child refers to a child whose parent or legal guardian has a home located within the boundaries of the Twin Falls School District.

old does my child have to be to start school?

Children entering kindergarten must be five years old on or by September 1 of the year they are enrolling.  Children entering first grade must be six years old on or before September 1 of the year they are enrolling.

school will my child attend?

Each school has a designated attendance zone.  The primary resident (address) of the child's parent or legal guardian determines which school the student will attend.  You may contact the district office at 733-6900 for the name and address of the school your child will attend or you may check the zone maps located on this website.

documents must I have in order to register my child?

Please bring proof of residency when you register your child. This can be a utility bill, rental contract, or mortgage papers.

Idaho State law requires that parents must present the following documents, including social security number, in order to register any child in public school:

  • Certified birth certificate. If a copy is unavailable at the time of registration, the parent/legal guardian may have up to 30 days to submit the document to the school.

  • Immunization certificate signed by a physician or physician’s representative must be presented at the time of registration or your child will not be allowed to enter school. Beginning with the 2005-2006 school year, pre and kindergarten students must have the following immunizations:

    • DTaP, DTP, or DT (Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis) - Minimum 5 doses (4 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 if at least one dose was on or after the 4th birthday), unless fewer doses are medically recommended

    • Polio (IPV or OPV) - Minimum 3 doses , unless fewer doses are medically recommended

    • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - Minimum 2 doses

    • Hepatitis B - Minimum 3 doses for children born after November 22, 1991
      While Varicella (chicken pox) and Hepatitis A vaccinations are recommended, they are not required.

  • Transcripts and records regarding education and/or special services placement are helpful. If you have not already transferred your child's records, you may sign a record transfer request at the time of registration.


  • If your child has attended school in another system in Idaho, all Idaho laws must be followed as they pertain to registration, including birth certificates, immunization documents, age requirements, and legal guardianship.

  • In all registration proceedings, legal guardians must provide certified proof of guardianship.

  • Parents of potential first grade students (students who have attended kindergarten in another state, yet are underage for first grade attendance in Idaho) must provide documentation from the child's previous school stating that the child has successfully completed 450 hours of approved kindergarten instruction.

should I register my child?

Registration dates and times may depend on the grade your student will be attending; however, if  you are new to this area, you may register your child at any time during normal school-year business hours.

  • Pre-registration for new kindergarten students is held each spring. Dates and times are printed in the local newspaper and posted in the buildings. An open house is held in conjunction with the registration proceedings.

  • If your child attends one of our schools and is moving to the junior high or high school level, specific dates and times are set aside for registration purposes. Parents are sent notification of the process, dates, and times. A copy of the schedule is also sent to the newspaper for publication and is posted at each building. If you have questions or need further information, you may contact the school your child attends. You may also contact the district office at 733-6900 to check for registration dates and times.

  • During the summer months, enrollment forms may be obtained at the district office. These forms, however, must be returned to your child's designated school in order to complete the registration process.

forms may I be asked to sign when I register my child?

The following district forms may be provided at the time of registration. Please check with the school secretary if you have questions or need more information.                                     

  • The Twin Falls School District provides access to computers and the Internet. All students and parents must read the policy and sign a Student Computer Use Agreement before students will be allowed to use computer equipment and peripherals. If your child cannot read and/or sign the form, the parent will be allowed to sign.  

  • Throughout the course of the school year, the media may be in our schools or at school-sanctioned events to cover activities. Often, they are present at our request to showcase students and teachers engaged in exciting educational activities or to cover "human interest" stories. We understand, however, that some parents have concerns about their child's participation and/or identification for media coverage. At the time of registration, your school may provide a Media Opt-Out Form, allowing you to indicate if your student is to be restricted from media access. You may request a copy of the form if one is not provided for you. In instances where the building administrator has a concern about the sensitive nature of media related stories or maintaining student confidentiality, parental permission will be sought prior to allowing the student to participate. If you have questions, please contact your child’s principal (FERPA).

  • You should also be asked to sign a form related to the release of what is considered student directory information. This information (which may include photos) is used for media coverage of activities related to athletics, awards, and other district-sponsored activities, as well as student directory information published by schools. If you prefer not to have any information regarding your child published, please let the school secretary know so she may provide you with the needed documents for your signature.

Your child's school may have additional forms for you to complete. This may include school rules and discipline policies, bus rules of conduct, field trip waivers, school handouts, the district school year calendar, emergency contacts, or school lunch information.